Dear Colleagues,

MICA has recently published an exhibition catalogue which documents the exhibition Laying-by Time:  Revisiting the Works of William A. Christenberry, a highlight exhibition from our 2017-2018 exhibition schedule. We have free copies to give away to art libraries for their collections--we'd love for you to have it.

The publication is a 64-page color feast of William Christenberry’s photographs, sculpture, paintings, and found objects, as well as imagery of  the important but unnerving site-specific Klan Room Tableau and its contents. While many of the works reproduced are familiar, several never before reproduced works are featured, including Tenant House, a 1996 oil stick on panel painting, and two late encaustic paintings Red Wall and Dark Wall. Similarly, the artist’s oft-recited anecdotes are published in tandem with his physical work, acknowledging the stories as integral efforts in his comprehensive narrative construction and creative undertaking. A key example is the inclusion of The Door of the House at Christmastime story which is accompanied by reproductions of all seven House at Christmastime photographs and the sculpture. This is the first time the entire series and story has been reproduced together.

A limited number of catalogues are available for distribution and are first come, first serve. Please complete the following form stating your interest and we will dispatch the publications promptly.

Thank you for inviting this publication into your collection and sharing it with your users.

Sincerely,

Heather

Heather Slania
Director
Decker Library
MICA Logo
1300 W Mount Royal Ave.
Baltimore, MD 21217
410.225.2311
. .
Pronouns in use: she, her, hers

Schedule a meeting with me

Instagram logoSnapchat logoTwitter logoFacebook logoLinkedIn logoBehance logoMedium logoYoutube logo