Dear Colleagues,

MICA has recently published an exhibition catalogue which documents the
exhibition *Laying-by Time:  Revisiting the Works of William A.
Christenberry*, a highlight exhibition from our 2017-2018 exhibition
schedule. We have free copies to give away to art libraries for their
collections--we'd love for you to have it.

The publication is a 64-page color feast of William Christenberry’s
photographs, sculpture, paintings, and found objects, as well as imagery
of  the important but unnerving site-specific Klan Room Tableau and its
contents. While many of the works reproduced are familiar, several never
before reproduced works are featured, including Tenant House, a 1996 oil
stick on panel painting, and two late encaustic paintings Red Wall and Dark
Wall. Similarly, the artist’s oft-recited anecdotes are published in tandem
with his physical work, acknowledging the stories as integral efforts in
his comprehensive narrative construction and creative undertaking. A key
example is the inclusion of The Door of the House at Christmastime story
which is accompanied by reproductions of all seven House at Christmastime
photographs and the sculpture. This is the first time the entire series and
story has been reproduced together.

A limited number of catalogues are available for distribution and are first
come, first serve. Please complete the following form
<https://goo.gl/forms/OLaGKlmoh4cQDTeZ2>stating your interest and we will
dispatch the publications promptly.

Thank you for inviting this publication into your collection and sharing it
with your users.

Sincerely,

Heather

*Heather Slania*