Posted on behalf of Christine Kuan, Sotheby’s Institute of Art - New York

**

Dear Library Friends and Colleagues:

With heartfelt sadness, I am writing to let you know that Erin Elliott, our beloved former Head Librarian of Sotheby’s Institute of Art-New York Library, passed away on December 18, 2017 after a prolonged illness.

Erin served as Head Librarian of the Institute for 11 years and made major contributions to the academic life of the Institute. She was instrumental in building our core library collections both in print and online, creating a library that is exceptional in our areas of study— Art Business, Contemporary Art, and Fine and Decorative Art and Design. As our founding Head Librarian, Erin built the foundation of our library collection and spearheaded the design of our beautiful 2016 library expansion. Prior to joining the Institute, Erin served as Technical Services Librarian at the Bard Graduate Center for Studies in the Decorative Arts, Culture and Design and served at The Frick Art Reference Library as an Assistant Cataloger.

In loving memory of Erin, the Institute will mount a plaque in our library to celebrate her service to our students, faculty, and staff. In addition, the Institute will contribute a permanent bookplate in her honor at the NY Botanical Garden Library, and we have created an online memorial page to preserve and share memories from her loved ones, see link: https://www.forevermissed.com/erinelliott. If you have any photos of Erin, please send them to Nicole Hoffecker: [log in to unmask].

The Institute cordially invites you to join our memorial reception to celebrate Erin’s life on Tuesday, February 27, 2018 from 4:00-6:00PM at Sotheby’s Institute of Art-New York at 570 Lexington Avenue, 6th Floor. Please RSVP if you are able to join us: [log in to unmask].

Erin was the consummate professional, always prioritizing the needs of our students and faculty, and working tirelessly to advance scholarship in the art and library community. Erin was giving, caring, and thoughtful in all that she did and said, and she will be dearly missed by all of us who knew her.

Sincerely,

Christine Kuan

CEO, Sotheby’s Institute of Art

Director, Sotheby’s Institute of Art-New York

Leah Greis Interim Head Librarian
Sotheby's Institute of Art
570 Lexington Avenue, New York, NY 10022 USA | T +1 212 517 2780
| sothebysinstitute.com

Founded by Sotheby's Auction House in 1969, Sotheby's Institute of Art is the global leader in art business education. Watch our film to learn more.

Connect with us on Facebook