I saw this posted to the Music Library Association listserv. I thought I might pass it on to those of going to ARLIS/NA Conference in New York City.

Starting January 22, 2018, passengers with a driver’s license issued by a state that is still not compliant with the REAL ID Act (and has not been granted an extension) will need to show an alternative form of acceptable identification for domestic air travel to board their flight.  (A list of acceptable forms of ID can be found here: https://www.tsa.gov/travel/security-screening/identification)

Passengers with driver’s licenses issued by a state that is compliant with REAL ID (or a state that has been issued an extension) will still be able to use their driver’s licenses or identification cards. To check whether your state is compliant or has an extension, click here

It may not affect us, but to be on the safe side. Who wants to be at the airport and find out they can't fly in February.

Linda A.

Linda Andrews
Reference Librarian
Preston Ridge Campus