Hello, ARLISers!

2017 has come and nearly gone, and RISS had an engaging year of Twitter chats, mission revisions, and more. Check out our blog for details about 2017 activities.

Want to be more involved with RISS? Now is your chance! We're looking for a new Vice-Moderator. To nominate yourself, please email me directly at [log in to unmask]

Our annual meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, February 28 from 3:30-4:30pm. We'll discuss the year's Twitter chats, vote to elect a new Vice-Moderator, and talk about ways to participate in revising the Information Competencies for Students in Design Disciplines (besides attending the editing workshop on Monday, Feburary 26 from 1:45-3:15pm). If you'd like to propose an agenda item, please email me!

Additionally, we'll dedicate half of the meeting to 5-minute lightning round presentations on research services topics. These can be related to what we've talked about this year (including design thinking in libraries and spatial justice) or something that you've been mulling over and want to discuss.

If you'd like to present, please send me a brief description (one paragraph) of what you'll be presenting on and the title of your talk by February 2, 2018.

Looking forward to seeing you all in New York!

Best,
Alyssa

--

Alyssa Vincent, Information Services Librarian

Ronald Williams Library

Northeastern Illinois University

5500 North St. Louis Avenue, Chicago, IL 60625

Phone: (773) 442-4411

www.neiu.edu

NEIU_150_logo.png