Because we know how difficult it is to decide between all the exciting tours planned for the ARLIS/NA 2018 Conference in New York City, we'll be featuring some of our tours over the coming weeks here on ARLIS-L and on social media. Today we're featuring The Bronx Museum of the Arts.

Please note that registering through the conference registration form is necessary for paid events such as tours.

Bronx Museum of the Arts Tour
Thursday, March 1, 2018 1:15pm - 4:30pm

[log in to unmask],-73.9219512,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x0!8m2!3d40.8311502!4d-73.9197625?hl=en">Bronx Museum of the Arts 1040 Grand Concourse, Bronx, NY 10456

Website: http://www.bronxmuseum.org

Join us for a behind-the-scenes tour of The Bronx Museum of the Arts, an internationally recognized cultural destination that presents innovative contemporary art exhibitions and education programs and is committed to promoting cross-cultural dialogues for diverse audiences. Since its founding in 1971, the Museum has played a vital role in the Bronx by helping to make art accessible to the entire community and connecting with local schools, artists, teens, and families through its robust education initiatives and public programs. Attendees will get an overview of the history and mission of the institution, a window into the day-to-day activities of the institution, and a guided tour of special exhibitions devoted to Angel Otero and Gordon Matta-Clark.

Directions: Meet the tour wrangler in the assembly area in the Hilton Hotel main lobby, main entrance, at 1:15 PM to walk together to the subway. Tour participants are required to buy a loaded Metro Card in advance of the tour, so that the tour can remain on schedule. Round-trip travel will cost $5.50 cash. The subway will take a approximately 45 minutes each way.

Maximum Participants: 24

Administrative Fee: $10

Yours,
Chantal Sulkow and Elizabeth Lane
ARLIS/NA 2018 Publicity Coordinators

Follow ARLIS/NA on social media:
Facebook: ARLIS/NA
Instagram: @ARLIS_NA
Twitter: @ARLIS_NA

Follow the New York Chapter of ARLIS/NA:

Facebook: ARLISNY
Instagram:  @ARLIS_NY
Twitter:  @ARLIS_NY

When you post about the conference, don't forget to use our official ARLIS/NA 2018 conference hashtag! #ARLISNA2018

Inline image 1

Chantal Sulkow
Reference and Collections Librarian

Bard Graduate Center
Decorative Arts, Design History, Material Culture
38 West 86th Street, New York, NY 10024
T 212-501-3039

Bard Graduate Center Exhibitions:
W bgc.bard.edu/gallery