Today is the deadline for the Sotheby Institute of Art Research Award submission www.sothebysinstitute.com/arlisna .

If you know of students submitting, would you please make sure that they have received the immediate acknowledgement from myself of receipt?  My Duke netid email appearing on the form, LSLILLY@duke (derived from Lee Sorensen-Lilly Library) is not the conventional first/last name of many institutions.  Because of the similarity in letters in that character string, it frequently gets mistyped.  While I assume auto-response notifications of an incorrect email alert to the submitter, in one apparent instance this was not the case.

My acknowledgement email always cc’s the art librarian so you would receive notification yourself.  I would hate an excellent paper to be missed because of an error in transmission.

Thanks, again, to everyone who has helped make this year’s generous Sotheby Research Award a success.

Lee Sorensen,

Chair

2017 Sotheby Institute of Art Research Award

Lee Sorensen, A.M., A.M.

Librarian for Art, Visual Studies and Dance

Editor, Dictionary of Art Historians

919.660.5994

Schedule an Appointment with Lee

Copyright Consultant      Art Librarian Blog: Revolting Librarian

New books on art at Duke Libraries

“For every person in the world, there are 17 million flies.  Without them chocolate would not be possible.”

NYT November 14, 2017 (Science section)