Error during command authentication.

Error - unable to initiate communication with LISTSERV (errno=10061, phase=CONNECT, target=127.0.0.1:2306). The server is probably not started. Confusion?  Oxford had to know the repercussions this denial of access for academic subscribers would cause.  Or they are totally ignorant of (at least) the US university/college semester system.
I agree with Ann Skiold comment about JSTOR.  Its format has changed so much from its initial debut which had a really useful advance search & excellent displayed subject tags which controlled the relevance sort & told you volumes about what the article was really about.  Increasingly I find the interfaces of databases to be less research friendly.

Jet Prendeville, Art/Architecture Librarian
Fondren Library, Rice University, Houston