Confusion?  Oxford had to know the repercussions this denial of access
for academic subscribers would cause.  Or they are totally ignorant of
(at least) the US university/college semester system.
I agree with Ann Skiold comment about JSTOR.  Its format has changed so
much from its initial debut which had a really useful advance search &
excellent displayed subject tags which controlled the relevance sort &
told you volumes about what the article was really about.  Increasingly
I find the interfaces of databases to be less research friendly.

Jet Prendeville, Art/Architecture Librarian
Fondren Library, Rice University, Houston