The person looking for an image earlier reminded me of this email I got from another listserv:

Colleagues,    Thought this was interesting for those in the artworks business.

Source:  Research Buzz, Oct 3, 2017

The Spaces: Will the new 'Shazam for art' app change the gallery experience forever?. "New app Smartify aims to be the 'Shazam of the art world', giving users instant information about thousands of artworks on show in public galleries across the world. The smartphone and tablet app uses image recognition technology to scan and identify artworks, earning comparison to the famous music app, founded in 1999. Smartify also provides audio interviews with artists, as well as hidden stories about the pieces and curatorial information, acting as a free hand-held tour guide for curious gallery-goers." 30 institutions participating so far. Sounds awesome!

------------------------------
Sharon Lenius
[Federal Librarian - Retired]

Linda Andrews