Although not photography you might want to look at the work of Otto Dix, here's an example:

https://www.facinghistory.org/sites/default/files/Ch04_Image05_large.jpg

On Thu, Oct 26, 2017 at 11:12 AM, Jennifer Yao Weinraub <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Looking outside of fashion per se and more into the history of gay culture in Germany during the period might yield some fruitful results.

Some books on gay Weimar culture that are illustrated:
Gay Berlin by Robert Beachy
Sex and the Weimar Republic by Laurie Marhoefer
Queer identities and politics in history: a history, 1880-1945 by Clayton John Whisnant

Also there are photographs by August Sander.  Beyond his portraiture, he also took some "party pics" (see the "Artists" parties).

If the student wants to dig deeper -- I can't believe I'm recommending a Daily Mail article on the ARLIS listserv, but it has some good ideas of where one can find archival images, like Landesarchiv Berlin and Schwules Museum.

Finally, the folks at the Goethe Institut might have some good ideas of other image sources.

Jen