FREE - Celeste Auditorium, Stephen A. Schwarzman Building
<https://www.nypl.org/locations/schwarzman>, 5th Avenue at 42nd Street, 6-8
PM

Registration: https://www.showclix.com/event/wayfinding/tag/nyplwebsite

To celebrate the release of her new visually arresting book, *Wayfinding*,
artist Teresita Fernández takes the stage with scholar, curator and NYU
professor Isolde Brielmaier, and writer Eliot Weinberger to discuss the
first complete overview of her multi-faceted body of work. MASS MoCA
curator Denise Markonish moderates the discussion.

The idea of wayfinding—moving from place to place or even getting lost—is
critical to understanding Teresita Fernández’s approach, which incorporates
unconventional materials such as graphite, pyrite, dyed thread,
polycarbonate tubes, gold, and malachite to explore how we look at and
process our surroundings from land to sky, private to public.

FIRST COME, FIRST SEATED
Registration does not guarantee admission. For free events, we generally
overbook to ensure a full house. All registered seats are released 15
minutes before start time, so we recommend that you arrive early.