Dear Colleagues,

We are currently in the process of renovating one of our buildings and the library collections held there, including our sales catalogues, were moved offsite and are inaccessible.

We are looking for a scan, including photographs (preferably in color), of this object:

Utagawa Kuniyoshi (1797-1861)

A hanging scroll, ink and colour on silk, of a standing bijin holding a letter, signed Ichiyusai Kuniyoshi ga and sealed Kuniyoshi (sometimes referred to as simply, “standing bijin holding a letter”)

Japanese Art and Design

14 May 2008, London

Sale 7582

Lot 351

It is listed on Christie's site, but lacks photography: http://www.christies.com/lotfinder/prints-multiples/utagawa-kuniyoshi-utagawa-kuniyoshi-5078549-details.aspx?from=salesummery&intObjectID=5078549&sid=cdb86861-be25-4cf9-9cd0-a9e754409a68. The same situation exists at ArtNet.com

Thank you in advance!

Best,

Traci

Traci Timmons, M.A., M.L.I.S.

Librarian, Dorothy Stimson Bullitt Library

Seattle Art Museum

1300 First Avenue

Seattle, WA 98101

Phone: 206-654-3220

Email: [log in to unmask]

Library website: http://www.seattleartmuseum.org/programs-and-learning/libraries-and-resources

ANDREW WYETH / Seattle Art Museum / Oct 19 2017 – Jan 15 2018
Get tickets at visitsam.org/tickets

Celebrating the 10th Anniversary of the Olympic Sculpture Park and the expansion of Seattle Art Museum!