Posted on behalf of Marilyn Berger

It is with great sadness that I learned of the passing on August 24, 2017 of a highly esteemed colleague and cherished friend, Daphne Dufresne (1940 - 2017). Daphne was the Director of the art library at UQAM in Montreal from 1970 - 2004. A long standing member of ARLIS/NA, Daphne was one of the founding members of ARLIS/MOQ the first Canadian Chapter in 1987. Many will remember Daphne as an outstanding, fun-loving, involved member of ARLIS/NA who served on many committees with dedication and enthusiasm. She and I co- chaired the local arrangements of the 23rd conference held in Montreal in 1995.

Apart from her distinguished professional career as an art librarian, Daphne led an active life. She loved to travel, was an avid golfer, tennis player and skier. She cherished her family and her many friends.

A funeral service will be held on Friday, September 15, 2017 in Trois- Rivières, Québec, her birthplace and home of her family.

Rest in Peace Daphne. I will miss you.

    Marilyn Berger

    Librarian Emerita

    McGill University