Dear ARLIS members,

We are organizing a workshop on job negotiation with a trained facilitator through the American Association of University Women (AAUW) for the upcoming ARLIS conference. The workshop will be offered Sunday, February 25, in the afternoon.

In addition to this programmed content, we are also looking to customize it with ARLIS members’ experiences. We are looking for a couple more participants to share their stories about job negotiation in a panel setting for the accepted workshop “Advocating for Ourselves: Negotiation Skills and Closing the Gender Pay Gap.” We want to hear from a variety of perspectives and work environments so that a broad spectrum of ARLIS members can be served.

If you are interested in participating in this panel, please email me at [log in to unmask]  by Wednesday, September 13 with a brief description of the story you want to share.

If you have a story you want to share, but are not comfortable with sharing it in a public venue, we have also created an anonymous form to capture this information. You can find the form here: https://goo.gl/forms/A8Ihu2GB7sJX5m4p2

The anonymous form will be left up for several more months.

Thank you so much for your participation!
Emilee Mathews

Emilee Mathews

Research Librarian for Art & Visual Studies

Liaison to Art, Art History, Film & Media Studies, and the Visual Studies Program

Interim Liaison to African American Studies and Classics

University of California, Irvine

PO Box 19557 Zot 8100

Irvine, CA 92623

(949) 824-6672