I second Julie’s “thanks” to Debbie and Beverly for a fascinating study trip to Paris.  Their selection of library visits was excellent in every aspect: from the vast resources of the INHA to the very specialized collections of the Guimet, Forney, and Branly libraries, we saw astonishing resources, and amassed new learning to inspire our work.
I would like to also thank our hosts for their generous sharing of time, knowledge and passion, for making our stay in Paris uniquely enlightening, instructive, and comfortable.

Rodica
Frick Art Reference Library, NYC

From: ARLIS/NA List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of j M
Sent: Sunday, June 18, 2017 9:51 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ARLIS-L] Paris study tour

As many of the participants of the ARLIS/NA Paris study trip are making their way home, may I take a moment to thank the tour leaders Deborah Kempe and Beverly Mitchell (and all members of the international committee) for an extraordinary week packed with unique opportunities and lasting memories. Each day brought privileged interaction with astonishing art resources and personal contact with the facilitators who manage and advocate for them. I’m sure the conversations begun last week will continue and lead to enhanced global resources for the students, historians, curators, and other patrons who we serve.

If you have considered participating in one of these tours, especially early career professionals, could I encourage you to start planning now to do so. It is a once-in-a-lifetime experience will stay with you for the rest of your personal and professional life.

Julie Mellby

Mail submissions to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> For information about joining ARLIS/NA see: http://www.arlisna.org/membership/join-arlisna<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.arlisna.org_membership_join-2Darlisna&d=DwMFaQ&c=18_toIngWFRnTOSOpFsNCg&r=fOxncougEQERb6UkqsZQWg&m=TE5YmhGNcM28a23NQDwsbS9JR1C-iykCfrLgDfMlGwg&s=8wo6wIqE6eerZPmJqMaQ7Cow0-5dQWsPAQUOSl98KcU&e=> Send administrative matters (file requests, subscription requests, etc) to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> ARLIS-L Archives and subscription maintenance: http://lsv.arlisna.org<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__lsv.arlisna.org&d=DwMFaQ&c=18_toIngWFRnTOSOpFsNCg&r=fOxncougEQERb6UkqsZQWg&m=TE5YmhGNcM28a23NQDwsbS9JR1C-iykCfrLgDfMlGwg&s=Sqkwa3rF8Q_XvbiTFOJ5VuVJQqbTVfANm_yE_22EDEU&e=> Questions may be addressed to list owner (Judy Dyki) at: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>