As many of the participants of the ARLIS/NA Paris study trip are making
their way home, may I take a moment to thank the tour leaders Deborah Kempe
and Beverly Mitchell (and all members of the international committee) for
an extraordinary week packed with unique opportunities and lasting
memories. Each day brought privileged interaction with astonishing art
resources and personal contact with the facilitators who manage and
advocate for them. I’m sure the conversations begun last week will continue
and lead to enhanced global resources for the students, historians,
curators, and other patrons who we serve.

If you have considered participating in one of these tours, *especially*
early career professionals, could I encourage you to start planning now to
do so. It is a once-in-a-lifetime experience will stay with you for the
rest of your personal and professional life.

Julie Mellby