These are challenging times for librarians who deal with media. Researching and acquiring the most relevant audiovisual content from a myriad of distributors has always been complicated. As we strive to fulfill requests from faculty, students and other users, digital disruption has added a new layer of complexity to the mix: Will you acquire physical media or streaming? Will you seek perpetual rights, or is a term-limited license acceptable? How can you make content accessible to users when it is only available via a commercial streaming service?

The National Media Market offers media librarians a chance to master these challenges. It's an enjoyable, friendly, four day convocation of librarians and media distributors -- which this year will be held in magnificent Portland, OR, Oct. 22-26. Perhaps you've followed our newsletter or met me a recent conference networking event. As chairperson of this amazing organization, I can't seem to stop evangelizing.

At NMM, you'll have a chance to preview many of the year's best films, and to confab on-on-one with distributors in a relaxed and informal setting. This is our 39th year, and we are determined to put out all the stops before we enter our fourth decade.

The early registration fee is only $185, and that includes most meals and social events, making this one of the best values for librarians. If you're coming for the first time, you can get a further 10% off the fee by registering online, using the discount code NMM10. Register now to get both discounts - payment will be due by August 31st.

Distributors at the conference typically offer substantial discounts on licensing and purchases for attendees, so that institutions can stretch acquisition budgets, and likely more than make up for the cost of attending.

Please let me know if I can answer any questions about NMM. We're expecting a big turnout this year, so please don't wait too long to register and make your room reservations. I hope to see you in Portland!

Warm regards,

Sarah McCleskey

Chair, National Media Market

a 501c6 nonprofit organization

Forward this email

This email was sent to [log in to unmask], by [log in to unmask]

The National Media Market | 2885 Sanford Avenue SW #40571 | Grandville | MI | 49418