Dear Colleagues:

I need to date an early (1969 - 1973?) issue of a magazine called AMERICAN
HOME.  I have the cover, which includes the month (July)-but not the
year--and also a banner running above the AMERICAN HOME title that says,
"Idea-Packed California Home edition."  The photograph on the cover is of
Edith Wyle, the founder of the Craft and Folk Art Museum in Los Angeles.  It
shows her, reading what is probably an art  book, sitting in a tan Eames
lounge chair, surrounded by white shelves of folk art.  In the lower
left-hand corner is a Judas figure, a red devil with pitch-fork and
firecrackers.  Most of all I want the year published.  However, if someone
has an actual copy of this magazine, it would be wonderful to get a copy of
the article inside if it includes information about Edith Wyle and/or her
home and/or her collection.  I will gladly pay for shipping-or perhaps it
could be scanned and sent as an attachment?

I wasn't familiar with this magazine and thought that it might have had a
short run, but I've just found a Wikipedia article that describes it's
rather long history: "The American Home was a monthly magazine published in
the United States from 1928 to 1977. Its subjects included
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House> domestic architecture,
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interior_design> interior design,
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Landscape_design> landscape design, and
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gardening> gardening."  So I'm hoping that
one of the ARLIS decorative arts, design, or architecture libraries might
have a copy??

The museum started out (opened November 1) as The Egg and The Eye, a
commercial gallery, and it is possible that the article was published in
connection with that opening.  But it could have been published later (or
even sooner).  Can anyone help me??  Many thanks in advance.

Joan M. Benedetti