Dear ARLIS/NA Colleagues,

We currently seek five individuals to serve on ARLIS/NA's Data & Analytics Task Force, including a chairperson. Members of this task force will make recommendations for regular data collection and assessment activities for the Society. The deliverables for this group includes two reports for the Executive Board, the first report due in October 2017 and the second report due in January 2018. If interested, please fill out our volunteer form, which will close at the end of the day 5/15/17: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/TVLDL2S The full charge for the task force is included below:

ARLIS/NA Data & Analytics Task Force

Charge

The ARLIS/NA Data & Analytics Task Force will make recommendations for regular data collection and assessment activities for the Society, with the goals being to:

·         regularly provide the ARLIS/NA Executive Board and other society leaders with actionable data and analysis that supports programmatic approaches to decision-making;

·         articulate the value of art and design research centers (libraries, archives, visual resources, etc.) to our members and external constituents;

·         provide business intelligence and benchmarking that help identify and track trends in the field of art information

The task force will research and determine what data ARLIS/NA should collect, analyze, and report on a regular or semi-regular basis that would be considered an added value to its members and core constituents (e.g., senior administrators, policy makers, grant agencies). The task force will:

       conduct an internal scan of all ARLIS/NA data gathering and assessment activities;

       conduct an environmental scan to determine what data peer organizations and aspirational organizations currently collect and what reports they create;

       identify areas where ARLIS/NA could take the lead in collecting and reporting analytics of importance to our members and constituents;

Timeline & Deliverables

Two reports will include an overview of the data collection and reporting that is currently being done or that has been done within the last 10 years as ARLIS/NA initiatives, what peers and colleagues have done, and recommendations for the Executive Board’s consideration, consisting of 3-5 scenarios for how ARLIS/NA could do data collection and analytics work programmatically. What data should we prioritize, regularly collect, and how often and who should collect the data? Should a special committee be created to facilitate data and analytics? What tools would be needed? Should ARLIS/NA partner with affiliated organizations? Report 1 due: October 2017 (EB will review and give feedback) Report 2: due January 2018.

Committee chair and members:

Conduct an open call and application process to identify current or would-be ARLIS/NA members with the appropriate skills, experience, and interest.

Board Liaison

Heather Gendron, ARLIS/NA Past-President

--

Heather Gendron |ARLIS/NA Past-President

Director, Robert B. Haas Family Arts Library, Yale University Library

T 203.432.2642

she/her