Hi Folks,

One of my faculty who specializes in socially engaged media shared this
with me, and I thought I'd pass it on in case it is of interest...

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Robert Paris <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, May 30, 2017 at 12:33 PM
Subject: Disturbance Cycle — LA Riots
To: Carla-Mae Crookendale <[log in to unmask]>

Greetings Carla-Mae!

As you may know, last month marked the 25th anniversary of the 1992 Los
Angeles riots, one of the most infamous episodes of violent chaos in an
American city.

In connection to that event I launched *Disturbance Cycle*, an online
series of electronic works that resurrect scenes from the TV coverage of
the LA riots to explore spectacle, social disaster, and historical amnesia.

It’s an unusual web work and I think you'll find something compelling
there. One of my hopes is that I might reach out to instructors in relevant
programs at other universities, and invite them to use the work in their
courses.

disturbancecycle.com

I’ve attached a brief description to give you a better sense of the thing.

Best,

Bob

--
*Carla-Mae Crookendale*