From: Julie Todaro, ALA President <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thursday, May 25, 2017 9:16 AM
To: Sarah Hammill
Subject: Last Chance to Support IMLS through Senate Dear Appropriator Letters

Having trouble viewing this e-mail? View as a web page.

ALA Membership

Well, folks, it has been quite a ride trying to save IMLS and get 51 Senators to sign the “Dear Appropriator” letters I’ve been writing about. We’re almost, but not yet all the way, there. I’ve just learned from ALA’s Office of Government Relations that Senator Reed has alerted his colleagues that there’s still time for them to let Sen. Reed’s staff know that they will sign on to support LSTA and IAL, but only until 2:00 pm Eastern time today.

We’re currently at 40 signatures for LSTA and just 34 for IAL.  That’s more than last year for both programs but, frankly, in the current budget-slashing climate we need every name we can get.

Even if you’ve contacted your Senators before, please contact them again this morning (unless our up-to-the-minute online tracker shows that they have both signed both the LSTA and IAL letters).

Use the ALA Legislative Action Center to call them AND email them as early TODAY as you possibly can to let them meet the 2:00 pm Eastern absolute deadline.

We’re close to convincing several Senators to sign who are on the fence and your call or email could be the one that gets them to do so. If not, we’ll know that we’ve done everything that each of us can to save this critical funding and agency.

Thank you for everything you’ve done and will do today.

Julie Todaro signature

Julie Todaro
ALA President

 FacebookLinkedInTwitterAddThis

If you no longer wish to receive ALA Membership emails, please click here.
To unsubscribe from all American Library Association communications, click here.
American Library Association, 50 East Huron Street, Chicago, IL 60611 www.ala.org.

Informz for iMIS

The RUSA Membership List is the official electronic discussion list of the Reference and User Services Association, a division of the American Library Association. The list's address is [log in to unmask]. When posting messages to this discussion list, please be sure they are sent from the e-mail address recorded in your member profile. Messages intended for distribution to everyone on the discussion list should be sent to [log in to unmask]. When responding to an individual please reply to that individual in order to reduce unnecessary e-mail traffic for others on the discussion list.

PLEASE NOTE: When sending commands to the list--to unsubscribe, for instance--you need to use the address of the server, not the list. The server address is [log in to unmask]. Please read the instructions below carefully, with this note in mind.