Dear Colleagues,

I’m hoping to hear from some of you that work in or manage branch libraries in organizations with a centralized Facilities/Maintenance team.  I’d like to know the following:

Does your library receive advance notice of facilities work? Does the facilities team have an obligation or make any effort to coordinate with you when workers will be in the library?  If so, how does this work (timing is co-planned, you get an email, etc…). Does work occur when the library is closed to patrons?  If so, what security measures are taken?
I’d also be interested in knowing whether arrangements differ by type of work (ie, changing a lightbulb vs. installing carpet).

Thanks for any information!

All the best,
Rebecca

Rebecca Coleman