From: "[log in to unmask]');" target="_blank">[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]');" target="_blank">[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Carol Terry <[log in to unmask]');" target="_blank">[log in to unmask]>
Date: Monday, April 24, 2017 at 12:03 PM
To: "[log in to unmask]');" target="_blank">[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]');" target="_blank">[log in to unmask]>
Subject: [ARLIS-L] Name Change Proposed for Retired Members SIG

The Retired Members SIG is proposing that our name be changed to the Retirement SIG. At the last two conferences we encountered members who were interested in meeting with us but who had not yet retired so weren't sure that they could. We thought it would reflect our intent more closely to simply call it the Retirement SIG. We wouldn't need to change our purpose, as it already includes those thinking about retirement.

From the Policy Manual: Retired Members Special Interest Group STATEMENT OF PURPOSE: The Retired Members Special Interest Group is a meeting ground (both physically at the annual ARLIS/NA conference and virtually in between conferences) for those who wish to continue to participate in some ARLIS/NA activities after they have retired from their full-time professional positions. Some members of the group may not yet be actually retired: they may be "on the verge" or simply thinking about it. The ARLIS/NA leadership affirms that "we want as many retirees as possible at all of our conferences and not just talking to each other." It is hoped that ARLIS/NA retirees who wish to will continue to participate in sessions, lead workshops, serve in leadership roles, or on committees, and share their sound professional advice on the listserv. The SIG will facilitate awareness of ways the parent organization can be welcoming to retired members, and will consider how it might assist retired members to maintain an active interest in current professional issues and ARLIS/NA's core values. The SIG membership can also be helpful to ARLIS/NA in better understanding the history of both ARLIS/NA as an organization and the profession itself. HISTORY: Year Established: 2015

The ARLIS/NA Executive Board requests a period of 7 days for comments and questions from the Membership for such a change.

Thank you for your consideration of this proposal.

Carol Terry & E. Lee Eltzroth
Co-Moderators, Retired Members SIG

lagnimom@gmail.com

Mail submissions to [log in to unmask]');" target="_blank">[log in to unmask] For information about joining ARLIS/NA see: http://www.arlisna.org/membership/join-arlisna Send administrative matters (file requests, subscription requests, etc) to [log in to unmask]');" target="_blank">[log in to unmask] ARLIS-L Archives and subscription maintenance: http://lsv.arlisna.org Questions may be addressed to list owner (Judy Dyki) at: [log in to unmask]');" target="_blank">[log in to unmask]

Mail submissions to [log in to unmask]');" target="_blank">[log in to unmask] For information about joining ARLIS/NA see: http://www.arlisna.org/membership/join-arlisna Send administrative matters (file requests, subscription requests, etc) to [log in to unmask]');" target="_blank">[log in to unmask] ARLIS-L Archives and subscription maintenance: http://lsv.arlisna.org Questions may be addressed to list owner (Judy Dyki) at: [log in to unmask]');" target="_blank">[log in to unmask]

Jeanne Brown
Librarian Emerita
University of Nevada, Las Vegas