We’re thrilled to introduce the amazing instructors for this year’s Summer Educational Institute, many of whom are joining us for the first time! We’ll be highlighting one instructor from the 2017 curriculum each week, so be sure to stay tuned.

We’re happy to introduce Lisa Gregory, Program Coordinator for the North Carolina Digital Heritage Center. Lisa will be leading our Digitization Basics Workshop. Plan for your next digitization project in this workshop! We’ll cover scanning specs, budgeting, staffing and equipment considerations, grant writing and contract negotiations. We’ll discuss a variety of hardware and software option for a range of materials and project needs. Come with questions, leave with answers!

lisagregory_photo.jpg

Lisa Gregory

Did you know?

The North Carolina Digital Heritage Center (DHC) is a statewide digitization and digital publishing program through the North Carolina Collection at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. The DHC provides libraries, archives, museums, historical societies, and other cultural heritage institutions with the opportunity to promote and increase access to their collections through digitization, and is supported by the State Library of North Carolina, the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and the UNC-Chapel Hill University Library. The DHC also serves as the North Carolina service hub for the DPLA!!

Lisa was a 2012 recipient of the Library of Congress National Digital Stewardship Alliance Innovation Award, which honors those who exemplify creativity, diversity and collaboration essential to supporting the digital community as it works to preserve and make available digital materials. Check out this interview with her. And Register for SEI to benefit from her knowledge directly!

6 weeks from today SEI will be happening! If you’d like to bunk in the dorms at $53 per might, those arrangements will need to be made by next Friday, May 5. If you’d like to book a room at the Franklin in, the block group rate of $165 per night can be secured until May 12th. There are a limited number of rooms at that price. An email will be sent to all registered attendees with the booking code.

Read all about SEI at http://seiworkshop.org where you can find our Statement of Inclusivity, info about registering, accommodations, curriculum and much more.

In its 14th year as a joint program between the  Art Libraries Society of North America (ARLIS/NA) and the Visual Resources Association Foundation (VRAF), SEI 2107 will be held at the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, from June 6-9, 2017.

SEI provides both new and more experienced professionals the opportunity to stay current in the rapidly changing fields of digitization, project management, fair use and copyright, metadata, and digital asset management, as well as significant networking opportunities. As a 2015 SEI graduate noted, “The curriculum was excellent in scope, striking a balance between detailed, practical exploration of relevant skills & tools, and putting these in the context of broader issues in visual resources/arts librarianship.”

SEI 2017 is filling up. Register soon!

Contact the SEI co-chairs Jesse Henderson or Nicole Finzer with any questions and

Follow us on Facebook

See you in North Carolina!

Assistant Professor, Fine Arts Librarian for Art & Architecture
College of University Libraries & Learning Sciences
University of New Mexico MSC05 3020
Albuquerque, NM 87131
Ph. (505) 277-0679; at [log in to unmask]

Schedule a research consultation with me!