Hello all! Several people have supplied the answer.  It was the leader singer's younger brother, Andy Dog Johnson, who designed their art work.

Thanks!

On Thu, Apr 6, 2017 at 10:17 AM, Seth Allen <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Hello collective wisdom,

I have art reference question.  I recently discovered the band The The, a British New Wave band of the early 1980's.  I really like the album cover on their album, Soul Mining, and I'd like to know to the artist: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:The_The_-_Soul_Mining_CD_album_cover.jpg

Any idea how I can find the artist?

--
Seth Allen
Volunteer Librarian