Hello ARLIS hive-mind,

My institution is going to be receiving a donation of original American comic art from a donor in Canada, and our plan was to drive there and pick it up ourselves. I'm wondering if anyone has had experience with transporting a large quantity of collection materials across the border? We have already signed transfer of ownership paperwork (which I will have with me) so technically we are picking up our own collection material. We have chosen this route instead of shipping due to prohibitive costs.

We want to be sure that we have all of the necessary documents when crossing the border back into the US. Does anyone have experience with a situation like this, or any advice?

Thank you so much!

Caitlin McGurk
Associate Curator and Assistant Professor
University Libraries Billy Ireland Cartoon Library & Museum
Sullivant Hall, 1813 N. High Street, Columbus, OH 43210
614-292-1134
[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> cartoons.osu.edu<http://cartoons..osu.edu/>