Hi Collective Wisdom,

Inspired by many at the conference in New Orleans, I have embarked on a project to create the first ever, born digital, artist file for my institution. I will be using Omeka and will have a portal on our special collections and archive website to provide access and discovery. If you have worked with artist files (physical or digital) and would not mind me picking your brain, would you please connect with me off list? I have many questions and as soon as I solve one problem, ten more seem to pop up. Specifically, I am looking to not recreate the wheel with regard to forms and legal issues that come up when working with artists and/or estates that own original pieces that I want to have represented in the artist files.

Many thanks in advance! My contact info is below.

Best,

--

John Burns, MLIS

Reference and Instruction Librarian
Art Librarian

Dixie Forum Director

Dixie State University Library 243

Dixie State University

225 S. University Ave.

Saint George, UT 84770

435.879.4712

“Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life’s coming attractions.” – Albert Einstein