Hello all -

I am hoping some of you have ideas for me.  See the question below about
flower painting and fantasy bouquets.

I am interested in learning more about french images (paintings i
believe) from the 1700-1800's era that depicted FANTASY BOUQUETS. They
illustrated a combination of flowers that could never exist in reality
because their bloom times (spring vs. fall...morning vs. evening, etc.)
don't coincide.

We've come up with a list of books on French flower painting for her to
explore.  And I've suggested she think about the direct line from Dutch
flower painting of a bit earlier to French flower paintings - vanitas
paintings, botanical illustrations, specimen painting, the correlation
of art and science, etc.

Does anyone know if "fantasy bouquets" is really a term that is used to
describe these works?  I'm looking for thoughts/suggestions that might
help her.  Any ideas gratefully received.

Thanks.
Susan

--
Susan A. Davi
Head, Collection Management & Licensed Electronic Content