To all those marvelous ARLIS members who have helped me in the past, I
desperately need your help again.  I am compiling an exhibition chronology
for the artist Phil Dike and I need know what paintings he exhibited in the
following shows:

1.	National Academy of Design Watercolors and Graphics Exhibition
(November 15-December 2, 1956).  Dike won a National Academy Cash Award but
my record has no painting.  I am not sure if this is the right show as it
could have been the Academy's Annual Exhibition of Oil Painting, Sculpture,
Graphic Arts and Watercolors as well but I can't find a reference to the
annual show.  If it is the Annual then I at least need dates and the
painting title.
2.	143rd Annual Exhibition of Oil Painting, Sculpture, Graphic Arts and
Watercolor (February 22-March 16, 1968).  He won an Honorable Mention but I
just need the title of the painting.
3.	152nd Annual Exhibition (February 26-March 20 1977).  I just need
the title of the work.
4.	I also have a 105th Annual Exhibition of the American Watercolor
Society (April 1972) in which I need the title of the watercolor.

I am frustrated since  the National Academy of Design is no longer taking
reference questions and I am on the west coast and most of the holders of
the annual NAD exhibition catalogs are east of the Mississippi.  It is also
frustrating when an artist lists in his biography, the award and date but
not the title of the work!  There will be a book published and I am willing
to send copies to those that can answer my questions.  The show will be
shown at the end of June through September, so if you are out here visiting
sunny California I would be more than happy to see you.

Lindy Narver

Librarian/Archivist

Laguna Art Museum