Dear Collective Wisdom:
Occasionally we see books that come with an accompanying work of art.  Most often this is a print or other editioned work.  I'm interested in hearing how other libraries handle these additional materials, which are potentially more valuable than the book with which they were issued.

How do you catalog these objects-as a part of the book, or as a separate title?
Do you insert a pocket in the book, create a separate housing for the print, or do you have another system for storing the print?
Do you separate them physically, shelving the book in open stacks and the print in closed stacks, or do you shelve both items in closed or open stacks?

Please respond off list.
Thanks!
Cara

Cara List