? Hello,

I have a faculty member who is writing an article centered around the art historical treatment of contemplative practices and meditation in contemporary art (specifically from the 1960s and 70s).

I have suggested he look at the work of John Cage and Allan Kaprow's "just doing."  Another possible avenue may be contemplation and protest era art making, such as early feminist practices and anti-Vietnam performances.

If anyone has any other suggestions/resources that may be helpful in locating art historical scholarship related to the topic.

Thanks,

Andi Back
Fine Arts and Humanities Librarian
University of Kansas