Hi Seth,

I would definitely recommend consulting ARL Code of Best Practices in Fair Use for Academic and Research Libraries. Section 3 discusses digitizing to preserve at risk items.

http://www.arl.org/storage/documents/publications/code-of-best-practices-fair-use.pdf

Best,

Alex

--

Alexander Watkins

Art & Architecture Librarian | Assistant Professor

University Libraries

University of Colorado Boulder

Boulder, Colorado 80309