Thinking about proposing a session on retirement for the next ARLIS conference, I pulled out the 2003 Baltimore conference program. Bill was part of the panel for the session: As Time Goes by: Retirement! Or Life After Full-time. I remember his joy in being an artist as showed images of many of his paintings and talked about his process and inspiration. I expect that's the last time that many of us saw him.

I do have one other memory to share, although details are fuzzy. Through a fundraising raffle, I had won $100 off dinner at a restaurant, I believe it was in Washington. I needed someone to go with me, and asked Bill as we had dined together at some previous conferences. He graciously agreed, as long as I would let him pay for the wine. Ever the connoisseur, he chose well, and I remember the wine ending up costing more than the rest of the dinner.

Daniel, thank you for your message. Would you be sure that John gets a copy of all of our remembrances?

Carol

Carol Terry
Rhode Island School of Design 1987-2016