Apologies for cross-posting.

Hello,

My name is Nicola Vernon and I’m currently enrolled as a master’s student in the School of Information Studies at McGill University. I am undertaking my practicum this term in McGill’s Rare Books & Special Collections and as part of that practicum, I am gathering information on methodologies used for assessing the strength of special collections (measuring both strength in subject areas and in impact factor). I am reaching out to you today to find out if there are any methods that you or your institution are using (or have used in the past).

Both failures and successes are welcome, as are experiences in rare book departments and/or archives.

If you know of any other collection assessment efforts, please let me know.

Feel free to answer me offline at the email address below.

Many thanks for your time,

Nicola Vernon

MISt II

School of Information Studies, McGill University