Hi all!
I believe our Special Collections Manager, Kayla Anderson, and Special Collections Librarian, Doro Boehme, have done some teaching using artists books, but I am sure they are interested in hearing/ collaborating with others as well. I've cc'd them on this email thread!

Additionally - two years ago during the first biblioderive ( the second iteration is happening this Friday! ), we had an interesting "situation" that used some artists books.

Adrift in the Archives

Friday: 9:00am - 5:00pm drop in anytime, 508 Sharp
Flaxman Library Special Collections will provide you with an array of unexplored objects, drawings, photographs and texts from our archives. They beg for your interpretation! Choose one or more and sing it, paint it, write it a love letter, use it as a short story prompt, perform (with) it, animate it. Reveal its hidden secrets in your own ways and translate them. All interpretations will be shared online as an alternative finding aid to help future users navigate the treacherous waters of archival research.

The outcomes are now online here: http://digital-libraries.saic.edu/cdm/landingpage/collection/aaap

Some contact information for them:

Doro Boehme - aboehme@saic.edu

Kayla Anderson - kanderson7@saic.edu