More is More: Xerographic Exchange and the I.S.C.A. Quarterly

Exhibition at the Brizdle Schoenberg Special Collections Center

2nd floor of the Alfred R. Goldstein Library

Ringling College of Art + Design

On view now through March 10, 2017

Throughout its twenty-one year run, Louise Neaderland and the International Society of Copier Artists produced a radically democratic assemblage project called the I.S.C.A. Quarterly (1982-2003). From unbound prints and special-format releases to ragtag spiral bound issues and overstuffed boxes of bookworks, the Quarterly championed the unsynthesized voices of many. With each season it devised new prompts and opportunities for its xerographic artists, and in turn excited subscribers through the generosity of too much.

This exhibition (on view on the 2nd floor of the Goldstein Library) aims to show a representative sample--if there can be one--from the thousands of copy art experiments submitted during the first ten years of the I.S.C.A. Quarterly, as well as to map a few connections to Ringling College’s recent past.

For more information, please contact Janelle Rebel, Digital Curation and Special Collections Librarian ([log in to unmask] / 941.359.7583)