Happy news - We've extended the deadline by a week! *The deadline is now
THIS FRIDAY: FEBRUARY 24th! *

The Art Libraries Society of North America (ARLIS/NA) and the Visual
Resources Association Foundation (VRAF) are excited that for SEI 2017
<https://seiworkshop.org/>, which will be held *June 6-9, 2017*, at the
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. *For more information about
our instructors, curriculum, and to REGISTER, visit*:
https://seiworkshop.org

*LOGISTICS for the APPLICATION PROCESS:*

   - The Samuel H. Kress Foundation <http://www.kressfoundation.org/> has
   generously agreed to sponsor *six scholarships. *Recipients will each
   receive $833 to cover tuition, accommodations, and minor incidentals.

   - Kress Scholarship *applications are due by Friday, February 24, 2017.*

   - Submit a resume or curriculum vita and a brief essay describing the
   effect attending SEI would have on their studies or their careers.

   - All applications will be evaluated by SEI co-chairs based on the
   criteria established for the award and any additional directions from the
   Kress Foundation staff. More information is also available here
   <https://seiworkshop.org/scholarships/>.

   - Submit your application materials via e-mail in a single document (PDF
   preferred), using the following file naming convention: LAST NAME_FIRST
   NAME_KRESS2017 to the SEI Co-Chairs, emails listed below.

   - *Recipients will be notified no later than Friday, March 10, 2017. *

   - Following the workshop, each Kress Scholarship recipient will be asked
   to write a report detailing how they benefitted from SEI and the
   scholarship.

*Here's what two attendees said about last year's SEI*:

Heather Slania, National Museum of Women in the Arts

“At SEI, I developed an informal network of people I feel like I can follow
up with on any sort of project, not just digital projects, if I need help
in the future.”

Luiza Wainer, MLIS Student, University of Washington

“The courses offered provided me with a greater sense of the multitude of
factors a visual resources librarian needs to consider in their day-to-day
activities.”

We hope to see you there!

Jesse Henderson, SEI 2017 Co-Chair ([log in to unmask])

Nicole Finzer, SEI 2017 Co-Chair ([log in to unmask])

Stephanie Beene <https://ulls.unm.edu/node/594>
Assistant Professor, Fine Arts Librarian for Art & Architecture
Fine Arts & Design Library <http://library.unm.edu/about/libraries/fadl.php>,
GPH 435
College of University Libraries & Learning Sciences
University of New Mexico MSC05 3020
Albuquerque, NM 87131
Ph. (505) 277-0679; or @LinkedIn
<https://www.linkedin.com/in/stephaniebeene>