Dear Colleagues,

For the last 3 months, I have had no success in purchasing back issues of Domus from the 1940's nor have I found a regional resource willing to loan us the needed issues for exhibition purposes. I know this is an unusual request but have exhausted all avenues which now leads me to  reach out to you to see if your institution would be willing to assist us.

The Palm Springs Art Museum is organizing a major exhibition Albert Frey and Lina Bo Bardi: A Search for Living Architecture.  This exhibition will tell the story through a combination of sketches, 3-D models, computer-generated drawings, design objects, and historic and contemporary photographs. Living Architecture is one of the key exhibitions to be featured in Pacific Standard Time: LA/LA, led by the J. Paul Getty Trust. The exhibition will be on view at the Palm Springs Art Museum, September 9, 2017 - January 7, 2018.

We are seeking exhibition loans of Domus issues:

No. 152, August 1940
No. 156, December 1940
No. 192, December 1943
No. 213, September 1946

Please be assured we will bring the highest standard of care with respect to security, environmental control, handling and installation, for artworks borrowed from your collection as we do for the art in our own collection. We will assume full responsibility for all costs associated with the loan, including packing, transportation and insurance for the duration of the loan.  Thank you for your consideration.

Frank D. Lopez
Archivist & Librarian

Hours:
Toor Library: Tues  11 am - 5 pm
A+D Study Center: Thurs/Fri 10 am - 4 pm

Palm Springs Art Museum
101 Museum Drive, PO Box 2310
Palm Springs, CA. 92263-2310

760.322.4833 | 760.327.5069 (fax)