Friends,
Are you interested in social activist art? Perhaps now more than ever? Would you like to speak at the IFLA World Congress in Poland next August? Maybe with support from an ARLIS/NA Kress Travel Award? Then submit a paper proposal by March 1st to the IFLA Art Libraries Section, and a Kress Travel Award application to ARLIS/NA by February 28th! I know ARLIS/NA members have a lot to offer on this topic so let's have a strong representation in Wroclaw next summer. Call or email me if you have any questions.
With all good wishes,

Sandy Brooke

"These Times to Us Are Worth Savin': Documenting the Art of Social Transformation since 1960"
At the 2017 IFLA World Congress in Wroclaw, Poland, the IFLA Art Libraries and Social Science Libraries Sections are sponsoring a session that will give an international perspective on documenting modern and contemporary art that lies at the intersection of artistic practice and social activism. We are seeking speakers who will discuss important repositories of social activist art, innovative documentation methods, and related collecting concerns ranging from censorship and copyright to cross-border cultural patrimony.

For more information on the session and how to submit a paper proposal:
http://2017.ifla.org/cfp-calls/art-libraries-section-joint-with-social-science-libraries-section

For instructions on applying for a Kress Travel Award Round 2:
https://www.arlisna.org/about/awards-honors/171-samuel-h-kress-foundation-award-for-international-travel

Sandra Ludig Brooke
Librarian, Marquand Library of Art and Archaeology
Princeton University
Princeton NJ 08544
609-258-5860
Chair, IFLA Art Libraries Section Standing Committee
International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions