Dear Colleagues,

I am attempting to locate the final pricelist for a July 7th 1983 Sotheby’s auction titled ‘Seventeenth, Eighteenth and Nineteenth Century British Watercolours and Drawings.’ We have the physical catalogue at the YCBA Reference Library and Archives, but a printed pricelist could not be found. I’ve checked several Art Price Indexes such as Mayer for 1983, as well as surrounding years, but have been unable to locate anything. Additionally, I placed an ILL request, however, it has been unable to be filled.

I am specifically looking for the sold price for Lot 38 ; ‘A View of the Ruins of Sudeley, Gloucestershire’ by Thomas Robins the Elder. Work is gouache over traces of pencil with ben and brown ink.

If anyone has access to the pricelist for this particular item, I would greatly appreciate a scan!

Best regards,

Beth Morris, Assistant Librarian
Reference Library and Archives
Yale Center for British Art

1080 Chapel Street

P.O. Box 208280
New Haven, CT 06520-8280

(203) 432-2848

Sign up for YCBA e-News; follow us on

Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, SoundCloud,
and YouTube; and search our collections online.