Hello all,

I had asked the listserv a few weeks ago about the best way to convert VHS
tapes to DVD.  I sold some duplicate books and used the money to buy a
Vidbox converter:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/video-conversion-for-pc-windows/5591332.p?skuId=5591332
 It was around $70.

Its really simple to use - it's basically an adapter that connects the VHS
player with your computer.  Using their software, you can capture the video
and audio streams and save it as an .mp4.  The adapter as works on records
and cassette tapes, saving them as .mp3 files.  The video quality is as
good as one can expect for 20 yr. old VHS tapes produced by local
companies.  In fact, I've uploaded many of our videos to our YouTube
channel.

Hope this helps anyone looking to do the same.

Seth Allen
Volunteer Librarian at Knoxville Museum of Art