Dear ARLISians,

RISS has had a busy year of organized twitter chats and virtual journal club meetings! To stay up to date on our conversations you may follow along on our blog.

We also invite you to participate in one final twitter chat before the Annual Conference in NOLA! Alyssa Vincent, our incoming Vice Moderator, will lead a chat on design thinking in LAM reference and instruction on January 24, 2017 from 8pm-9pm CST. No reading is required to participate, just use the hashtag #ARLISriss to join.

Also, our annual meeting is scheduled for Tuesday Feb 7, from 11-noon. We will dedicate half of the meeting to 5 minute lightning round presentations on any topic we covered throughout the year through our virtual conversations (topics include: Personal motivation, artist/librarian collaborations, radical reference, building relationships, imagination/curiosity, and design thinking).

If you would like to present, please send me a brief description (one paragraph) of what you'll be presenting on and the title of your talk by January 13, 2017. If you'd like to propose an agenda item you may also email me directly.

Looking forward to seeing you all in New Orleans!

All my best,

Amanda Meeks

Librarian for the School of Art

Teaching, Learning, and Research Services

Cline Library, Northern Arizona University