Hi All,

I would like to warmly invite you to attend the ARLIS/NA Mountain West + VRA Wild West Virtual Conference online Friday, Dec. 2 from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. (Mountain Time). This mini virtual conference is brought to you by the Mountain West Chapter and is provided free of charge. However, under no obligation whatsoever we would humbly ask that interested participants donate to the chapter at any amount they would like.

I am pleased and honored to announce the following guest presenters:

Anna Bernhard
Director of the Stanley G. Wold Resource Center
Colorado State University

Anna will present on teaching visual literacy to students concentrating in majors outside of the visual arts. This presentation would cover the design and redesign of an assignment meant to engaged a 98 seat, non-art majors class in writing, visual literacy, and academic inquiry.

Megan Lotts

Art Librarian
Rutgers

Megan will present on The Rutgers University Art Library Exhibition Spaces (RALES). RALES was created so that an Art Librarian could more intentionally connect with the departments with whom they liaison. These spaces also provide an opportunity to learn more about what goes into an exhibition, from creation of the work, to the public viewing, marketing, and reception.

Sarah Carter
Director, Bridwell Art Library
University of Louisville

Alexandra O'Keefe

MLS student

University of Kentucky

Sarah and Alexandra will present on art librarians selecting artists' books for student viewings. Art librarians know how challenging it can be to find items in their collections based upon specific requests such as binding style, materials, or artistic techniques. Students who want to independently investigate these collections may also feel frustration, especially since artists' books collections are not typically accessible for browsing.  So how can both librarian and user needs be met? This presentation will showcase the presenters answer to this question

Please click the link below to register in advance for the virtual conference. Registration must be received no later than Wednesday, November 30. After we receive your submission of this form we will email you details on how to connect to the virtual conference online.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1FGeeJxyMLWblBJ8poXdqPmp2id3L7UqyPVPagiWREM8/edit?usp=sharing

Best,

--

John Burns, MLIS

Reference and Instruction Librarian
Chair, ARLIS/NA Mountain West Chapter

Dixie State University Library 243

Dixie State University

225 S. University Ave.

Saint George, UT 84770

435.879.4712

“Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life’s coming attractions.” – Albert Einstein