/scripts/wa.exe?A3=ind1611&L=ARLIS-L&E=base64&P=1444909&B=------%3D_NextPart_000_0032_01D23C21.2B910F80&T=image%2Fpng;%20name=%22image003.png%22&N=image003.png

November 11, 2016

Hi Folks,

Back in August, we called on ARLIS for donation of old US architecture magazines.  And wow did you come through - over 1,100 arrived at our office.  Thank you so much!  Special shout-outs to the Smithsonian and the Minneapolis Center for Art and Design.  We are now 2/3 of the way to a complete canon of major US architecture magazines, about 6,000 issues.

Our archiving project, recently renamed US Modernist Library, collects 20th-century architecture magazines 1930-2006 such as AIA Journal/Architecture, Architecture Plus, Architectural Forum, House+Home, and Pencil Points/Progressive Architecture, among others.

There still more work to be done; while we have most of the 1960-2006 issues, we still need quite a bit from 1930-1959.  If you’d like a list of needed magazines, please reply.  We provide free FedEx shipping from anywhere in the US, boxes if you need them, or stamps if you prefer.

Have a good weekend!

Kind regards,

George

George Smart, Executive Director

North Carolina Modernist Houses, the website for Triangle Modernist Archive, Inc.

A North Carolina 501C3 Nonprofit Educational Archive Documenting, Preserving, and Promoting Modernist Residential Architecture

5409 Pelham Road / Durham NC / 27713 / USA
919.740.8407 phone

www.ncmodernist.org / [log in to unmask]

@NCMHtweets

P Please consider the environment before printing this ema