Dear ARLIS members,

Please join us for our third Twitter chat TONIGHT at 9:00 PM EST. We had a lively discussion last time and we encourage more participants in ANY library setting to join in this time!

The topic for this Twitter chat will be focused on Librarian and Artist collaborations. Beth Morris will moderate this chat and she has compiled a list of possible collaborative projects that could be expanded upon further during the discussion. No reading is necessary to participate and an open dialogue will be the focus in an effort to brainstorm creative ideas and topics for further collaborative efforts for librarians and artists. This live chat will be archived in the ARLIS learning portal for future reference, as well as Storified.

Twitter chat // Use #ARLISriss to participate

Monday, October 10, 2016 at 9pm EST

Moderated by: Beth Morris @bethieelon

Topic: Librarian / Artist Collaborations

Questions for discussion:

·         Have you had any successful librarian/artist collaborations or know any that stand out?

·         What has your experience been in terms of who initiates collaborations? Is it you or the artist(s)? How might we foster more?

·         How can we, as librarians, learn from the artists we work with and what might they learn from us? Any cross-disciplinary themes emerging?

·         What role does creativity play in these types of collaborations?

Areas for Thought and Exploration:

·         Makerspaces

·         Artists’ Archives, http://artiststudioarchives.org/

·         Exhibitions

·         Artists’  books

·         Artists-In-Residence

·         Artists in the Archives (exhibition project)

·         Activities : Outreach, Collection Development, Special Events, Projects, etc…

We look forward to chatting with you!

Beth Morris, Assistant Librarian
Reference Library and Archives
Yale Center for British Art

1080 Chapel Street

P.O. Box 208280
New Haven, CT 06520-8280

(203) 432-2848

Sign up for YCBA e-News; follow us on

Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, SoundCloud,
and YouTube; and search our collections online.