From: ARLIS/NA List <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Caitlin Kilgallen <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Friday, September 30, 2016 1:50:05 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [ARLIS-L] Finding new artists/researching contemporary art

Hi Heather,
ArtNetNews frequently does lists of who to watch. For example Millennial Artists to Watch in 2016
https://news.artnet.com/art-world/millennial-artists-to-watch-2016-644570
Best,

Caitlin

Caitlin Kilgallen
Library Director
School of Visual Arts
212-592-2663

On Fri, Sep 30, 2016 at 10:50 AM, Heather Slania <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Hello dearest colleagues,

I'm teaching a curatorial practice class where students are now at the stage of trying to find contemporary artists (new or not very established) to put in their thesis exhibitions. The prof and I decided that we would focus on how they should go about finding local, regional (east coast), national, and international artists.

So, what are your favorite resources and strategies for you and your students for discovering new artists? While I have my own (i.e. Hyperallergic, Baltimore's City Paper, word of mouth) I wanted to get a broad perspective.

Thank you!

Heather

M|I|C/A

Heather Slania