Virtual Snapshot: Scholarly Communication in Arts Librarianship
Join us for a webinar on Nov 14, 2016 at 7:30 PM EST

Register now!
https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/4810603443274923009

The Art Libraries Society of North America (ARLIS/NA), New England Chapter, in partnership with ARLIS/NA and ACRL Arts, invites you to join us for a virtual conversation about the state of scholarly communication in arts librarianship on Monday, November 14, 7:30 pm - 8:30 pm EST.

The discussion will illuminate the range of scholarly activities that art and visual resources professionals are engaging in, and will address the process of preparing a research agenda, participating in presentations, or finding alternate avenues in which to engage in scholarly discourse. Panelists will speak about the management and evolution of their own processes, and will address challenges and perceived barriers to participation.

Audience questions are encouraged, and we hope to spark a lively conversation between panelists and attendees.

Please noteOnly current ARLIS/NA or ACRL members may attend this event. Additional access approvals may be made on a case-by-case basis. Registration will close two hours before the start of the webinar.

This webinar will be recorded, and the recording will be made available on the ARLIS/NA Learning Portal after the webinar.

Panelists and topics include:

Siân Evans & Jenny Ferretti
Maryland Institute College of Art
#Libeyrianship: Using pop culture to promote information literacy

Katie Greer
Oakland University
Start with the low-hanging fruit: Forays into the scholarly conversation

Heather Saunders
Nipissing University
Blogging as a Springboard for Scholarly Activity

Anastasia Weigle
Simmons College | University of Maine at Augusta
The Affective nature of Archives: Retelling narratives through Book Arts

Register here!
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.

By registering, I understand and acknowledge that this Webinar will be recorded by ARLIS/NA and/or those designated by ARLIS/NA. ARLIS/NA may record my name and questions I ask during the course of the Webinar presentation. As a condition of my participation in the Webinar, I agree to irrevocably grant to ARLIS/NA, its assigns, licensees and successors the right to publish, record, broadcast, exhibit, display, reproduce, edit or otherwise use perpetually throughout the world, in all media now and hereafter known or devised, in whole or in part, my name, questions, quotes and material otherwise provided by me (collectively, the “Material”) during my participation in the Webinar. I will retain any copyrights I may have in the Material. Nothing in this document shall limit my right to publish, present, or use my Material as I see fit in perpetuity.