Call for Proposals

The Association of College and Research Libraries, New England Chapter (http://www.acrlnec.org/) invites you to submit a proposal to present at the 2017 ACRL-NEC Annual Conference:

Reframing Librarianship in the 21st Century

Friday, May 12 @University of Vermont Conference Center, Burlington, VT.

It is an era of reinvention for college and research libraries. Whether we work in cataloging and metadata, scholarly communication, archives, public services, instruction, or another area of librarianship, we have all heard a rhetoric of crisis, transformation, and rapid change applied to our work. The challenges we face have provided an opportunity to refocus on the foundations of our profession: our purpose and our areas of expertise. In reflecting on and redefining our work and ourselves, we are reframing librarianship for the 21st Century. This exciting topic will be kicked off by keynote Suzanne Wones, Director of Library Digital Strategies and Innovations at Harvard Library.

The Program Committee is interested in receiving proposals for presentations, panel discussions, workshops, and posters that speak to the following questions:

Topics might include, but are not limited to, the reframing of:

Staff, faculty, administrators, and students in all areas of librarianship are encouraged to submit proposals.

To submit a proposal, follow this link: https://goo.gl/forms/DhpZH2UCJYCdXpeH2

The deadline for proposal submission is midnight on Dec 2, 2016.

Questions should be directed to the ACRL/NE CPC Programming Committee:
[log in to unmask]umass.edu

Karin Heffernan -SNHU

Maric Kramer-Wheelock College

Mike Kemezis-Worcester Polytechnic Institute

Erica Cataldi-Roberts-MCPHS

Kathy Layer-Western New England University

Andrew Haggarty-Anna Maria College

We look forward to receiving your proposals!