From: Gendron, Heather
Sent: Thursday, October 06, 2016 2:14 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: invitation: Open Access Task Force II

Greetings everyone! I’m excited to share with you an interesting volunteer opportunity within ARLIS/NA. We’re currently seeking three volunteers to serve on ARLIS/NA’s Open Access Task Force, phase II. Members of this task force will conduct a detailed analysis of the options available to support a broader open access publishing program for the Society. This work will build on the report and recommendations made by the first OATF convened in the early part of 2016 and chaired by Daniel Payne, OCAD University (who will also chair OATF2).

Expectations of OATF2 members:

·         Actively work with task force members to research OA publishing models for professional societies like ARLIS/NA

·         Participate in monthly conference calls in November, December, and January (with availability for additional meetings as required)

·         Work with chair to prepare a report in time for the annual Executive Board meeting (February 2017)

If interested, please fill out this brief volunteer form for us online: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/76B6FG7  If you would like to recommend a colleague, please contact me directly ([log in to unmask]).

Deadline: 10/17/16

The ARLIS/NA Executive Board, Daniel and I would also like to publicly thank the original members of the OATF for their valuable insights and support:

·         Deborah Barlow‐Smedstad, Head, William Morris Hunt Library, Boston Museum of Fine Arts

·         Judy Dyki, Library Director, Cranbrook Academy of Art Library

·         Patrick Tomlin, Associate Director for Learning Environments, Virginia Tech University Libraries

Additional thanks for consultation support provided by:

·         Mary Kandiuk, Visual Arts, Design & Theatre Librarian, Scott Research & Collections, York University Libraries

·         Chris Landry, Scholarly Communications & Digital Projects Librarian, OCAD University Library

·         Jill Patrick, Library Director, OCAD University Library

Heather Gendron

ARLIS/NA President

Director, Robert B. Haas Family Arts Library

Yale University

T 203.432.2642